Sunday, June 15, 2008

e-Parliament Hearing on Energy Access for the Poor held at Samburu Game Lodge, Kenya

I have just returned from the most wonderful assignment to Samburu with the e-Parliament.

Read the press release at: http://www.e-parl.net/eparlimages/general/pdf/080608a%20Samburufinalpress.pdf

I was filming the hearings, and interviewing MPs from East Africa on their thoughts on the hearing as well as issues related to climate change and energy.

I was really impressed by the MPs and their commitment, as well as inspired by the process, which will hopefully lead to action by the MPs in their Parliaments and the East African Legislative Assembly.

We stayed at the Samburu Game Lodge, just north of the Equator. We saw plenty of animals too.

You can see some of the photographs on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35387190@N00/collections/72157605606402752/

I will be covering these hearings for the e-Parliament. The next one is in Ghana in September 2008. So I have to brush up on my French.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home